09 September, 2011

Someday

To Brandon<3

I woke up with sunshine pouring in from the skylight above our bed. Brandon was cuddled up beside me with his head laying on my shoulder. As carefully as I could, I tried to get out of bed without waking him up.
The television was on in the living room, and Roland was curled up on the couch. He was wearing his Dr. Who pj's and cuddling his Ugly Doll.
"Good morning, baby. Why are you up so early?" I asked.
"Mummy, I want to watch Pokemon." He jumped up off of the couch, and grabbed the DVD to bring it to me.
Roland was three and a half, and the cutest little boy ever. He has real blonde hair, and blue eyes like his dad. He is almost an exact replica of Brandon. The only thing Roland took from me was his love of zombie movies and his art skills. Well, even most of that came from Brandon.
I put the DVD in, and turned down the volume, only to get a scowl from him.
"We need to be quiet, hun. Daddy and Lennox are still sleeping. Don't wake them up because they'll be cranky all day." Roland put his pointer finger to his lips, and started giggling. He crawled onto the couch, and became absorbed into the TV as the theme song started playing.
I walked into the kitchen, and pulled out the waffle iron. My favorite part about Saturday mornings are having the time to make waffles for everyone. Roland loves chocolate chips in his waffles. (Thankfully, another thing he took after his mummy.) Since Brandon isn't much of a fan of chocolate, I have to make a separate batch for him.
While the waffles were in the iron, I had to take out everyone's special glasses and plates. Brandon and Roland use their Transformers plates, Lennox has her little monster bowl, and I use one of the many geeky plates we have. All of our spoons, forks, and knives are Star Wars related, so there isn't any arguing.
Brandon came into the kitchen holding Lennox in his arms. Both of their hair was sticking up in random places. He set her down in the high chair, and have her a bottle of milk.
Lennox was fourteen months old. Like Roland, she had extremely blonde hair, but had light brown eyes. Her eyes were like mine, since they changed colors with her mood. She was always trying to copy me. If I was trying to paint or clean or anything, she was right behind me. Lennox never failed to entertain us.
"Good morning, Fox." Brandon wrapped his arms around my waist, and kissed me.
"Morning silly bear. How was your sleep?"
"It was good. Until Nadia got into bed and started snoring." I put the last of the waffles on the table, and Brandon took out the syrup and juice. "How was yours?"
"Pretty good, actually. Lennox only woke up once."
"I didn't hear her cry?" Brandon said, and looked at me with a questioning look.
"That's 'cause you were too busy snoring, silly bear. It's okay though. She was just hungry." I gave Lennox her bowl of cereal, and sat down beside her chair. "Roland! Food's ready!"
Brandon poured Roland a glass of chocolate milk, and helped him into his booster seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment