08 November, 2011

Love in the Air

I had slipped on my new blue vintage dress, and pulled on my boots before I left for the market. It is such a nice day. No clouds, very sunny, and warm. The perfect day to spend it outside. And that’s what I planned to do.

The market isn’t very far from my apartment, and I have to pass hundreds of little shops. I walked by a small coffee shop on the way. It was the cutest thing. Outside has a couple wrought iron tables and chairs. The air smelled delicious. It kind of reminded me of something you’d see in a French romance movie.

I walked inside, and it was so inviting. There were plants everywhere; on the tables, window sills, and counters. The walls are a very calming chocolate color. All kinds of pastries filled the display cases.

I was too busy looking around and admiring everything, that I didn’t notice the guy in front of my. We bumped into each other, and his drink was knocked out of his hand.

“Oh my God. I’m so, so sorry.” I said, bending down to pick up the cup. He bent down, too and grabbed the cup before I could.

“No, no. It’s okay, really.” He stood up, and offered his hand to help me up. I looked up at him and smiled.

This guy was way taller than me. He had blonde hair and the clearest blue eyes. He was wearing a plaid shirt and blue jeans, and it made him look really good. Everything about this guy was very attractive.

I blushed when I realized that we were staring at each other.

“I’m still really sorry. Please let me buy you another coffee?”

“It’s actually chai tea. I can’t stand the taste of coffee.”

“Oh, I love chai tea!”

“Well then, let me buy us some, and maybe we can talk? I mean, you do owe me since you knocked my cup out of my hand.” He smiled at me, and I couldn’t refuse an offer like that.”

“Yeah, sure. My name’s Tilly by the way.”

“Nice to bump into you. I’m Foster.” We smiled to ourselves, and made our way to the front of the line. “So, what kind of chai would you like?”

“I usually get vanilla spiced.”

“Perfect. That’s my favorite kind.” He smiled and took a hold of my arm, after we had our tea. “Shall we find a place to sit?”

We found a table outside in the sun, and he sat down across from me. He is such a handsome guy. There’s nothing wrong with him as far as I can tell.

“So, do you live around here?” Foster asked.

“Yeah, actually not too far. I just moved into the apartment a few months ago.”

“Where did you live before?”

“Some small town in New Jersey. Nothing special.”

“Well, Tilly from some small town in New Jersey, I could give you a taste of this big city, Oregon. If you’d like?” His eyes lit up, and I nearly melted.

“Of course. I would love that very much.” I tried to catch myself before I started staring at him again, but I was too late. He caught onto what I was trying to do, and grinned even wider.

“You know, Tilly, you’re a very interesting person. I would like to get to know you more.” He blushed slightly at his bluntness, and so did I.

“I’d like that. You’re not boring, and very cute.”

“Do you want to go see a show tonight? Around say, seven o’clock? Don’t worry about dinner either. I’ve got that covered, too.”

“What kind of show?”

“Don’t worry about it. It’ll be a surprise.”

“Sure.” I smiled at him, and wrote my number on a napkin. “Want to meet up here?”

“Sounds like a plan.” I stood up from my seat, and grabbed my purse.

“I’ll meet you here at six-thirty. Don’t be late.” He hugged me, and his scent stayed with me the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment